Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

French Inspirations

>



Welcome. I am so happy that you stopped by. Would you like to join me for tea and raisin bread toast sprinkled with lavender sugar? I would love to share with you French Inspirations for a new painting of a lavender field that was inspired by my recent win of Penny Carlson of Lavender Hill Studio 's fabulous French giveaway.

I love reading French Decorating and Home and Garden magazines and Penny's giveaway included four beautiful magazines. Love looking at them and trying to figure out the French words.


Mon Jardin was filled with beautiful photographs of gardens in the South of
France as well as lovely lavender.

After pouring over the beautiful magazines I was reminded of my own trips to France and decided to paint something reminiscent of traveling through Provence in the South of France.



Penny also included two jars of delicious French Tapenade D'Olives Noires.

I noticed on the jars that they were made in Fontvielle which is a charming little village in Provence. How special as I stayed in a delightful bed and breakfast in Fontvielle on a trip through Provence.



Penny also included a charming French tote bag as a special surprise and a Euro bill and coin to spend on my next trip to France.

Penny is a fabulous mosaic artist and has two beautiful blogs:

and

Bentley, my studio assistant, is looking for French inspiration for the new painting.


Finding Inspiration . . . . . .





Here . . . . .









There . . . .


Everywhere . . . .




I decided to paint a French lavender field in my favorite village of Fontvielle with a roadside stand selling fresh cut bunches of lavender, sunflowers and red geraniums. I also added Olive trees that could have produced the olives in the yummy Tapenade D'Olives.



Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate your visits, comments and those who are following my blog. If you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special, please leave me a comment or send me an e-mail.
I am sorry that I have not had time to visit each and every one of you lately - I am getting ready for The Balboa Island Artwalk in May which is the one big show I participate in every year. I promise to stop by and see you when I have a little more time.

Have a lovely week. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...