Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Fall New Beginnings

>
The Colors of Fall

Fall . . . new beginnings . . .a new season . . . a new blog. Welcome to my first blog post. What a lovely time of the year, when skies are blue, the air is crisp and fall colors are bright, to start my adventure into Blog Land. Come along with me for a little tour.

One of my favorite places to shop for my garden is Rogers Gardens in Newport Beach , a fabulous nursery, florist, and garden /home decor shop located on 4 beautiful acres.


A fall trip to Rogers Gardens (rogersgardens.com) was the inspiration for the Flower Market painting - the white market umbrella in the background, rich fall colors and profusion of mums, herbs and pumpkins were just waiting for me to transfer onto my canvas. A fountain of perfect pumpkins.





Fall mums in a profusion of colors.







The final inspiration painting!




Fall Bounty






Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It's what sunflowers do" Helen Keller

What is an artist to do with bunches of glorious sunflowers found at the local farmers market? These beauties all went home with me and ended up in the still life painting. The addition of two pears and a terra cotta pot of ivy completed the painting and added a touch of fall whimsy.





Sunflowers in Blue Pot



Later I used the same bunch of sunflowers and pears and set the blue vase on a vintage blue and white check tablecloth to create another painting with a vintage feel.




Vintage Sunflowers


What are your fall inspirations? Please feel free to contact me if you have questions about my art or would like to share your inspirations with me. Have a great day and beautiful fall season.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...