Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Flags and Flea Market Finds In My Garden

>
Welcome. I am so glad that you stopped by. We are still having cool weather in Southern California near the coast and I am still serving tea. My garden gate is always open to welcome you. Would you like to sit and relax while sipping a cup of mint tea? My garden is all decked out with flags to celebrate Memorial Day and to honor our Service Men and Women who have given up so much to secure our Freedoms both here and abroad.

I have some fun "thrifty finds" to share with you. The red and white check chair cushions came from Wallmart - - Two for $10.00 or $5.00 each. They are made from a weather proof fabric and are perfect for my flea market garden table and chairs. The red and white check table cloth was $5.00 and it also comes in blue and white check.

Bentley, my helpful Studio Assistant, is already in the garden looking for inspiration for a little flag painting to celebrate Memorial Day.















My flea market Radio Flyer wagon is all decked out for the holiday.









One of my favorite flea market finds is this window with a mirror and little window box. I love using mirrors in my small garden to create the illusion of a larger space.

With so many flags around I could not resist painting a small pot of flowers all dressed up with flags.




Flags flying on the bridge entrance to Balboa Island honoring our Service Men and Women.



Bentley and I are off to Balboa Island to look for climbing pink roses and cottage inspirations for us to paint next week. I received so many e-mails and comments on having a little art lesson on how to paint a cottage with climbing pink roses that we will paint a little cottage together next week. We will paint lilacs after we paint a cottage.

Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate your visits, comments and those who are following my blog.

Have a lovely Memorial Day. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...