Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Toasting you and Planting Panseys

>


Welcome. I am so glad that you stopped by. Please join me for a cup of tea so we can toast the New Year together and look for inspiration for a pansy painting.





" Here's to the bright New Year, and a fond farewell to the old: here's to the things that are yet to come, and to the memories that we hold"




We have had very cold weather in Southern California and most of the flowers in my garden have gone to sleep for the winter and the roses have been cut back. The bright spots in our California gardens are our pansies. They do not mind frost and cold nights and their cheerful happy faces always make me smile.




Let's take Bentley, my helpful studio assistant into the garden and look for pansy inspirations.



Finding Inspiration . . . . .









"A New Year is unfolding - like a blossom with petals curled tightly concealing the beauty within". Anonymous.














Here . . . . . . .





There . . . . .




















Everywhere . . . .





Looks like Bentley found our inspiration.









The pots of pansies, seed packets and bulbs on my potting bench are just waiting for me to paint.








The completed painting inspired by my day in the garden planting "winter pansies".






Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate all of you who visit , leave me comments and follow my blog. Please leave me a comment or send me an e-mail if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special.



Sending you warm wishes for a Joyful New Year and a lovely week. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...