Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Winter Pansies

> Welcome. I am so happy that you stopped by. My garden gate is always open for you to come in and sit and relax with a cup of hot tea while I share with you the inspirations for my art. We are still having unusually warm weather for January in Southern California and today is a perfect day to sit in my garden enjoying the sunshine. My winter pansies are in full bloom. For those of you who are snowed in this week, I hope that you will enjoy your visit. Pansies do very well in our winter weather and the only flowers blooming in my garden at this time.

Bentley, my helpful Studio Assistant, is in the garden looking for inspiration.




Finding inspiration . . . . . .











Here . . . . . .






There . . . . .







Everywhere . . . . . .










Enjoy the beauty and quietness of the flowers.


"In quietness and in trust shall be your strength." Issiah 30:15



I picked a little bouquet of pansies and arranged them in a blue and white pitcher sitting on a blue denim table runner in the garden. I loved the look and decided to use this as a still life set up to paint.



Here is the completed painting.











Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate your visits, comments and those of you who are following my blog. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special.


Have a lovely week. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...