Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

My Art Studio . . Here. .There . . Everywhere

> Welcome. I am so glad that you stopped by. I thought it would be fun to share with you photos of my art studio and where I paint since I receive so many questions asking: " if I have a studio and where do I paint and create?"








I started off painting at Cannery Paints located in Newport Beach, California. Cannery Paints (http://www.cannerypaints.com/) is located in the old historic district filled with art galleries and fun and funky little shops. The Cannery was a real working cannery located on the Newport Bay and is now a popular restaurant. Marilyn Poliquin is the owner and fabulous Artist in Residence and has been a mentor to me for years.









Interior of Cannery Paints

I love the old paint splatterd tables.







"Tools of the Trade"














When I am not painting at Cannery Paints I paint in my home studio or in my garden. Let's head over to my house and I will show you some of my favorite places to paint :




Here . . . There. . . . .Everywhere . . . .







Sometimes I paint in my office/studio - this is also where I blog. This is a spare bedroom and I put curtains over the closet doors to give it the feel of a studio/office.







Lots of sun shines in the windows and I can keep fresh potted plants in the room for inspiration.


The green wicker chair has been in a lot of my paintings - usually I paint it white in the painting.










Now let's go into my garage. I have a huge garage with lots of built in cupboards where I store my canvas and supplies. I faux painted bricks and flag stone on the floor.




More of the faux floor. I bought the work table at a garage sale for $10. and painted it green. The chair was free.







I white washed the interior garage doors with white to give the background a barn-like feel. I also divided the garage into two spaces - one for my car and the other for my art. I bought the white washed storage bins from Joanne and they are perfect for storing art books..






The market umbrella trimmed with lace is one I use at art shows and store in my studio. The jelly cupbard is used to store "props" that I use in my paintings. I also used old shutters to enclose the studio from the rest of the garage.





I also bought the storage boxes on the floor from Joanne and use them to store file folders with art materials.











This is the other side of my garage. I store my paints in this old cabinet and hung up white curtians to conceal the washer and dryer area.








When the weather is nice I like to paint outside on the patio off my kitchen or in my garden where I can smell the flowers.












Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate you comments and those of you who follow my blog. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special.




Have a lovely week. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...