Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Finding Inspiration

> Welcome. I am so happy that you stopped by. My door is always open for you to come in, sit and relax and enjoy a cup of tea while I share the inspirations for my paintings with you. We have had unusually cool and cloudy weather this summer in Southern California while the rest of the country seems to be unusually hot.

I received so many lovely e-mails form you asking about the Beach Cottage painting with climbing red roses. The most popular question was "can you show us where you hung the painting in your home?" I hung it in my dining room. Bentley, my Studio Assistant, is waiting to show you.



I hung the painting in my dining room to compliment the blue and white theme. I decided to paint another painting to hang by the front door that would also compliment the blue and white.

The complimentary painting.



Come along with me to the flower market and I will share with you the inspirations for the new companion painting.
Finding Inspiration . . . . . .


Here . . . . .






There . . . . .





Everywhere . . . . . . .

I bought red roses and sunflowers. The Foxgloves are from my garden.



I decided to use the little bird in the painting.





Artists get to change their minds - the beautiful blue sky with puffy clouds and the vase of Sunflowers inspired me to change my mind and paint the ocean as a back ground - paint out the little iron bird and paint sea shells instead. I thought this would go better with the Beach Cottage painting.




A few strokes changed the feeling of the painting.
Here is the completed painting that now hangs by my front door.


Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate your visits, comments and those who are following my blog. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special.

Have a lovely week. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...