Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Painting Winter Primroses

> Welcome and Happy New Year. I am so happy that you stopped by. My garden gate is always open for you to come in and relax with a cup of hot tea while I share with you the inspirations behind my art. I have often said that I am inspired and paint the beauty and simplicity of God's creation in my garden. Primroses are considered a Winter plant in our mild Southern California weather and are now blooming, in spite of some record cold weather. Let's join Bentley, my helpful Studio Assistant, in the garden, to see if he has found some inspiration for me to paint.

Finding Inspiration . . . . . .








Here . . . . .











There . . . . .



Everywhere . . . . . .







I decided to paint the pot of red Primroses and practice painting a "30 minute" painting. I have taken a number of workshops from California artist Allayn Stevens www.allaynstevens.com and one thing she teaches her students is to paint a fast 30 minute painting in order to learn to keep brush strokes loose and to really look at what you are painting.
Here is my completed "30 minute" painting.




As we move into a New Year and a new winter season I would love to share with you one of my favorite Bible verses: " For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven." Ecciesiastes 3:1
Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Blessed New Year.

Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate your visits, comments and those of you who are following my blog. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special.

Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...