Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Painting a Vintage Bicycle

>
Welcome. I am so happy that you stopped by. My garden gate is always open for for you to come in and sit and relax with a cup of hot tea while I share with you the inspirations behind my art. Earlier this week we had very cold and windy weather in Southern California - nothing like the snow back in the other parts of the country but cold enough to stay inside. The wind stopped blowing and today is nice enough to sit in the garden for tea.

One of my friends brought me a little blooming Hydrangea plant from the market. It was such a breath of fresh air and reminded me of the Spring to come. She was telling me that her Mother has been "down in the dumps" lately - she lives in a one of the states hard hit by the snow and cold weather - loves Hydrangeas and lives in an adorable cottage. I decided to paint her a little surprise painting to cheer her up.


Let's join Bentley, my Studio Assistant, in the garden to look for inspirations.



Finding inspiration . . . . . .


I put a bucket of "faux" Hydrangeas in the garden for inspiration as my Hydrangeas are not blooming ) don't tell Bentley as he thinks he found the real thing.


Here . . . . .



This picture of my blue vintage bicycle was taken last year when the flowers were in bloom.



There . . . .







The hot house Hydrangea my friend brought me.



Everywhere . . . .




Photo was taken last year.






More of the hot house Hydrangea





" Come unto Me . . and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

I decided to paint my blue vintage bicycle and put Hydrangeas in the basket for my friend's Mother. I painted the word cottage with the thought in mind that she may want to hang it on the front door of her adorable cottage.











But, then, maybe she would rather have a basket of Hydrangeas painted on a Welcome sign that she can hang in the garden.





Or, maybe she would rather have a blue bicycle Welcome sign with a basket of Hydrangeas to hang on her picket fence.



What do you think? Which paintng would you give her? Maybe I should give them all to her and she can decide!!!!





Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate your visits, comments and those of you who are following my blog. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special.



Have a lovely week. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...