Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Painting Red Geraniums

> Welcome. I am so happy that you stopped by. My garden gate is always open for you to come in and sit and relax while I share with you the inspirations for my art. Goodness gracious - the weather all over our country has been so unusual this year - I hope all of you living in the areas hit by tornados are all right. The unusually cool and rainy weather in Southern California produced beautiful Spring flowers that seem to be larger than usual.



My Geraniums are glorious and the blooms are bigger than usual. Let's go into the garden and Bentley, my helpful Studio Assistant, will show you the Geraniums.
















The blooms on the white Geraniums are as big as Hydrangeas.





The garden hat and red Geraniums are the inspiration for a new garden painting for my office.




The vintage blue windmill was from an old house that was torn down in Laguna Beach, California - it was 0n a fence overlooking the ocean and I have had it for years. It blew over in a recent windstorm and broke off some of the spokes - I still have them and am hoping that my Handyman can fix it. I decided to paint the ocean in the background of the Geranium painting as a tribute to the old windmill that spent years overlooking the ocean.








I have pots of red geraniums in my office and garden hats hanging on the wall and thought the painting would be the perfect addition.













"Happy is the one who listens to me, watching daily at my gates." Proverbs 8:34



Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate your visits, comments, e-mails and those who are following my blog. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special.

I am "re-purposing" a large painting for my office with a seasside cottage garden theme and will share it with you next week.



Have a lovely week. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...