Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Painting Pansies and a Vintge Cloche

>


Welcome. My garden gate is always open for you to come in and sit and relax with a cup of tea while I share with you the inspirations fr my art. I have so many pretty pansies this year in my garden I decided to try drying some so I can enjoy their delightful little faces throughout the year. Of course I enjoy painting them all year. Now that they are blooming I want to re- purpose this painting with a vintage inspired cloche and add more pansies to the artwork.




I started off painting out the bowl of pink roses, flower pots and pansy seed packets.


Let's join Bentley, my helpful studio assistant, in the garden, and look for pansy inspirations to add to the re- purposed painting.










Finding inspiration . . . . . .







Did you know that painting pansies was a favorite pastime of the Victorian ladies? I love to envision the ladies who painted them so long ago spending an afternoon chatting and painting pansies while drinking a cup of tea. My cloche is a reproduction of a Victoria cloche and I love to put a little pot of pansies in it to paint and imagine that I am painting with the Victorian ladies whileI drinking a cup of tea.








I brought pansies in from the garden and set them up on a table in front of the window to paint. I ended up not using the terra cotta pot and instead used a blue and white tea pot and cup as you will see below.






Here . . . . .There . . . . . .




"As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field." Psalm 103:15







I like the shape of the yellow pot and decided to put it in the painting.















Everywhere . . . . .








The blue and white tea pot and cup ended up in the painting.







The completed re-purposed painting with added yellow pansies, yellow pot and blue and white tea pot and cup. I like to bounce one color around the painting to bring a feelingof harmony - in this case I used yellow. I also painted out the garden background and added a view with a blue sky and ocean with sailboats.



Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate your visits, comments and those of you who follow my blog. I read and cherish each comment and will stop by to visit you as time allows.



I have had so many request to paint pansies this time of year that I will probably paint more of them next week. This is a great time to paint and enjoy pansies since they are in full bloom in Southern California. I hope you are not tired of seeing them . . . Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special in addition to pansies.


Have a lovely week. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...