Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

In Memory of Amy

>
Amy's "Magical Pink Bicycle"


Welcome. It is with much sorrow and joy that I am posting about a very special young lady named Amy. I am so happy that you stopped by my post in celebration and memory of an incredible Angel named Amy Ragan who's brave fight with cancer touched my heart. I read about Amy on Laurie's blog http://barganhuntingwithlaurie.blogspot.com/. Laurie asked her readers to pray for Amy and send her a card. At the time Amy was home from the hospital and fighting for her life. I read about Amy's courage and her faith in God and how her spirits uplifted others even though she was in incredible pain. I read about her beautiful smiles and love for her family and friends. I saw pictures of a beautiful young lady - smiling and rejoicing in her faith in God - all the time smiling.



I am a blessed eight year breast cancer survivor and committed to using my art to bring joy to others who have cancer, and decided to paint a pink bicycle with pink roses in the basket to send to Amy instead of a card.




I received an e-mail from Amy's mother, Debbie, who said that Amy was also an artist and that she loved her "magic" pink bicycle. She said that she and Amy took wonderful imaginary trips every day on her pink bicycle and loved seeing photos of Bentley on my blog. Even though Amy's health was rapidly deteriorating, dear Amy was an inspiration to everyone . . she always had a smile on her face and believed that Jesus was with her through her painful journey fighting cancer.



On Saturday morning I received an e-mail from Amy's mother telling me that Amy Dawn went home to be with the Lord Friday night 10-23-09.




I feel so honored and privileged that I got to know Amy . Even though I knew her for such a short time, she touched my life beyond imagination. For this brave Angel taught me that there is joy in art - that art stimulates one's imagination and even though Amy was in pain - she was able to get away from her pain for a few short minutes to take an imaginary trip on her magic pink bicycle.





In memory and honor of Amy, I am looking into getting a group of artists and crafters together who would donate their art to people who have cancer to bring joy to their lives. The group would be called "Joy In Amy's Art" and the art can be anything from watercolor cards, fabric art, art on canvas, mixed media, etc. As an example, my sister, Leslie, sews and makes soft pink pillows for ladies diagnosed with breast cancer and sends them to total strangers.




If anyone is interested in such an endeavor, I would love to talk to you. Please leave me a comment or send me an e-mail to: erinsart@ca.rr.com.



Please keep Amy's family and friends in your thoughts and prayers. You can leave her family a comment on Debbie's blog:
http://debbie-jeremiah3017.blogspot.com



In celebration of Amy's joy in art and beauty I am sharing photographs of some of my art featuring pink roses.


Good by my young friend - your short life inspired so many around the world and we will not forget you. Love, Erin and Bentley









































Angel Amy
Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate that you have taken time to leave me a comment and follow my blog. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special.

Have a lovely week. Blessings, Erin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...