Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Cottage Christmas

> Welcome. I am so glad that you stopped by. My door is always open for you to come in and sit and relax with a cup of tea while I share with you the inspirations for my art. I have been busy for the past two months painting "Snowman/lady" door greeters to help raise money for several charities. I also painted some to give my family and friends for Christmas. Come in and I will show you what I have been up to in my kitchen and studio. for the Holidays.


I found some adorable place mats at K-Mart earlier this year and thought they would be perfect for Christmas. They are by Country Living and are beautifully made - reversible to a red and white ticking with vintage style buttons.



I love snowmen and always go overboard decorating with them for Christmas.













One day I will try making snowmen cookies - this year I made gingerbread men and traditional Christmas cookies.



You can see my collection of snowmen on my mantel.



Bentley, my Studio Assistant, thinks that I have gone overboard with snowmen. I hope you are not tired of seeing me post about them - I promise this will be the last post until this time next year.


I am having my fireplace chimney cleaned by "Oliver Twist" chimney sweeping company and hung our stockings on my old blue cupard until they finish cleaning - then I will hang them on the fireplace mantel.

Bentley has his own stocking (no it does not have any snowmen on it).


Bentley decided to explore his stocking to see if there were any "early" treats in it from Santa.

He thought he was in trouble and gave me that "sad" look when I discovered his stocking on the floor.


He even ran upstairs to hide in his favorite spot.

Let's go outside into the garden and I will show you what I did with the snowmen I painted for Christmas presents for my friends and family.


Our weather in Southern California has been so warm that our Iceberg roses are still blooming. Normally they stop blooming in November.




I place the snowmen paintings in my garden so that friends and family can pick the one they like to take home.









Surprise - a gingerbread painting - I painted this one last year.


More gingerbread men.


I love decorating my old vintage Rocket bicycle.




























"But the angels said to them, "Do not be afraid; I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people." Luke 2:10



"This will be a sign for you; you will find a child wrapped in cloth and lying in a manger." Luke 2:12



Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate your visits, comments and those who are following my blog. Please let me know if you would like to see me paint something special. I will be on a blog break until December 27th to work in my studio finishing several paintings for Christmas presents that I can't share with you until after Santa comes (never know who may be peeking at my blog). I am also working on a new painting for my blog banner and will share the inspirations with you.


Wishing you and your family a peaceful, joyous and happy Christmas Season.
Blessings and Merry Christmas , Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...