Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Hydrangea Inspirations

>
Welcome. I am so happy you stopped by - my garden gate is always open for you to come in and relax and have a cup of tea while I share with you the inspirations for my art. Bentley is already in the garden looking for inspiration.





Finding Inspiration . . . . . . .





The hydrangeas are starting to bloom and I am looking for inspiration for a new painting.





Here . . . .





This year I added touches of red to my garden to add a little brightness to my traditional English Cottage Garden colors.


There . . . .





My garden is small and I am constantly rearranging it by moving the garden signs and plants in containers around for a different look.




I received this beautiful lavender hydrangea when recovering from surgery and wanted to paint it before planting it.

Everywhere . . . . .




Here is a little painting of the lovely lavender hydrangea.




Bentley seems to favor the blue hydrangeas.










I love mixing colors together - seems like they are different every year depending on the type of fertilizer I use.



My new garden look- mixing colors.


I am constantly changing the colors in the basket of my vintage bicycle basket - what a great container for plants it makes.




I decided to paint the blue hydrangeas and add a touch of pink with Iceberg roses along with the white Iceberg roses in a blue and white vase to tie the painting together.


The completed painting.





Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate your visits, comments and those who follow my blog. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special. I have requests to paint lilacs and an English cottage with pink roses spilling over a picket fence and will paint them soon. Lilacs are easy to paint and I thought it would be fun to have a simple lesson for you on painting lilacs. I do not have a Lilac bush and will paint them next time I find some at the Flower Market.



Have a lovely week. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...