Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Garden Gates

>

Welcome. I am so happy that you stopped by. My garden gate is always open for you to come in and sit and relax with a cup of tea while I share with you the inspirations for my art. I thought it would be fun to share with you some of my photos of garden gates and show you the gate that was the inspiration for my painting "The Girl on the Blue Bicycle."






Let's join Bentley, my Studio Assistant, to look at some garden gates.




This is my side garden gate and you can see my blue vintage Rocket bicycle that has been "retired" to the garden. The bicycle has appeared in many of my paintings.







Let's take a look at some charming gates that I have photographed over the past few years. Do you have a favorite gate?


Finding inspiration . . . . .















The blue gate is my favorite gate. It is in front of a charming cottage on Balboa Island and is a popular gate for visitors to photograph.











Here . . . . .












There . . . .












Everywhere . . . . .This is the gate that was the inspiration for my painting "The Girl on the Blue Bicycle".









The gate is located in a charming neighborhood in Old Town Orange in Southern California.


Some of you may recognize the painting as I use it on my Google Account - The Painted Garden.




I fancy that the girl is me wearing a garden hat riding my vintage bicycle many years ago in 1958 when the Rocket bicycle was new.




"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened for you." Matthew 7:7




Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate your visits, comments, e-mails and those who follow my blog. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special.






I will be on a little blog break and will be back on June First.





Have a lovely day. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...