Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Cottages & Bungalows

>
Welcome, I am so glad that you stopped by. Recently I received an e-mail from Hillary Black, editor of Cottages & Bungalows magazine regarding my "Summer Breezes" painting. She felt my art would fit in with the Summer Cottage theme of the magazine's Retro Shopping column. Needless to say I was thrilled that my painting was featured on the retro shopping pages along with other delightful and colorful art.











Summer Breezes



I thought it would be fun to share with you the inspirations behind the summer painting . Pour a cool glass of lemonade and come along with me and Bentley, my helpful studio assistant, as we look for summer inspirations.


Finding Inspiration . . . .




Bentley




I am often inspired by my surroundings and every day objects that I live with.





Here . . . . .





Nothing says summer more than a flag blowing in the breeze.



There . . .





Climbing Red Roses





Looks like Bentley found sunflowers to show you.




Everywhere . . . .






My garden hats show up in most of my paintings.








I call this garden hat my "Scarlet O'Hara" hat as it has such a floppy brim. This is the one in the "Summer Breezes" painting.



My very favorite summer inspiration is the painting my aunt, Maureen Riley, painted in 1945 of my grandparents beach cottage in North Carolina where my family spent our summers. The house had big wrap around porches and a yard that went down to the water where we swam, fished, and water skied. Aunt Maureen's painting was painted right after the cottage was built. Later my Grandmother, who was an avid gardener, planted flowers and rose bushes in the front yard.


Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate that you have taken the time to follow my blog and leave me a comment. Please let me know if you have questions or would like to see me paint something special. Have a lovely week. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...