Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Meet Bentley, My Studio Assistant

>



Bentley


I thought it would be fun to introduce you to Bentley, My faithful Studio Assistant, since so many of you have e-mailed me asking about Bentley. He is a 3 year old Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier - an Irish breed sharing its ancestry with the Kerry Blue and Irish Terrier. The breed is affectionate and loving and are people dogs. Wheatens are a single coated breed and do not shed.



I adopted Bentley from the Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier Club of Southern California almost two years ago and he has been a joy from the moment I met him. The Wheaten club puts a lot of effort in matching the dog to the perspective owner or family and in educating the new owner. His owners put their Wheatens up for adoption since they were retiring to the desert and felt it would be too hot for them to be comfortable. I was fortunate to meet his owner who shared lots of helpful information about Bentley - the most important was that Bentley would rather sniff around and explore than play with his toys - hence his nickname - "Inspector Bentley".



The following photos were taken as I was setting up my blue and white china for a photo shoot for the "Tea In The Rose Garden" painting shown in my previous post.






Hmm, wonder what that is - looks like something to eat!

I will just act like I am looking at the birds and no one will notice!

The coast looks clear, think I will make my move!


I will just take a quick sniff and no one will know!


Sniff - sniff !


That was disappointing - just some strawberries and not a treat for me!



Oh well , there are lots of other things to inspect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...