Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Whimsical Rooster Inspirations

> Welcome. I am so glad that you stopped by. We are having another glorious Fall day in Southern California - sunny and in the 60's - just the perfect day to sip a nice cup of tea while looking for whimsical Rooster inspirations. I am painting Christmas gifts for family and friends and have several requests for "whimsical Rooster paintings". I poured you a cup of tea so you can join me and Bentley, my Studio Assistant, looking for inspiration.






Looks like Bentley is ready to go.






Oh goodness - looks like Bentley is sleeping on the job.



Let's wake him up and go into the garden first to see if we can find any Roosters.


Finding Inspiration . . . . . .








Here . . . . .









We found a few Roosters in the garden - now let's go in my kitchen to see what we can find.



As you can see, I have just a few Roosters in my kitchen.



The blue mirror over my sink reflects the little garden window.



There . . . .



An artist friend of mine made the large white Rooster which was the first Rooster in my collection.


Everywhere . . . . .





I found the Rooster mosaic tray at a tag sale years ago. The colors are perfect for my kitchen with blue and white check curtains and yellow accents.




I found these delightful glass jars with Rooster tops at a tag sale for $1.00 each. The clear glass is perfect for storing Bentley's dog biscuits.



I love my blue Rooster plates and decided to try my hand at painting a blue Rooster.





This little painting is not finished - I decided the Rooster needs to be all blue and will paint his face and comb all blue. He also needs a little white eye.






My friend has a black Rooster rug in her kitchen and wanted me to paint her Christmas gift Roosters with black feathers to match her rug.





This one is more whimsical wtih the black check border.





Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate that you have taken time to visit me, follow my blog and leave me a comment. If you would like to see me paint something special, please leave me a comment or send me an e-mail.

Have a lovely week. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...