Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Touches of Red

>
Welcome. I am so happy that you stopped by. Would you like to take a little break with me and have a cup of tea in my garden? I have been busy adding touches of red to brighten up my side garden and I would love to share them with you.


Bentley is already relaxing on this beautiful cool Spring day.



I shared with you a while back that I painted my house a darker shade of gray and wanted to add new touches of red to brighten the darker paint.





I found wonderful red garden boots on Target.com and liked them so much I decided to leave them on the front porch when I am not wearing them for a touch of color.








I found an American flag at Joanne's and love that it has a special plastic fitting over the wooden pole that keeps the flag from wrapping around itself.






Red cushions purchased at last year's end of season clearance
at Pottery Barn really helped to add spots of color.




Vintage red, white and blue pillows add another touch of color.






I display my paintings in the garden for a touch of color - I like to call this "Art In The Garden".






The Red Geraniums are called "Big Reds". The flowers are very large and remind me of the fabulous geraniums in the South of France.





The garden shelf is a treasurer I recently found when shopping at a flea market one day in the rain.





It makes a perfect place to hang "Art in The Garden.:


Crimson Mandevilla


Our recent rain really helped the newly planted Sun Parasol Crimson Mandevilla vine
get a great start.



Another flea market find - an old tin container hanging on the back of an Adirondack chair makes an adorable planter for red geraniums.

Legend says that Lady Bugs bring good luck to your garden.

I hope to have double good luck in my garden with two lady bugs in my garden.


Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate your visit, comments and those who are following my blog. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special.

Have a lovely week. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...