Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Romantic Prairie Style

>
Welcome. I am so happy that you stopped by. My garden gate is always open for you to come in and have a cup tea and relax while I share with you the inspirations for my art. I just received my copy of Romantic Prairie Style by Fifi O'Neil. . . . . oh my goodness - I immediately curled up in my garden with a cup of tea reading every word and enjoying the fabulous photography by Mark Lohman. The book is lovely and embraces simple pleasures, family, love, gardening , simplicity and harmony with the earth. . . .and all things old and worn, rusted, repurposed, recycled and reused. I loved Fifi's beautiful book and realized that Prairie Style is not about living on the "prairie" but is a style that says home wherever you live. Let's join Bentley, my Studio Assistant, and go into my garden looking for "prairie style" roses to paint.



First, here is a little peek into Fifi's fabulous new book:
Fifi is having a wonderful giveaway along with several other bloggers to celebrate publication of Romantic Prairie Style. Her bog is a real treat and you can visit her at:

www.fabulousfifi.typepad.com and her book can be purchased at" www.amazon.com






My Ice Berg roses are blooming and I want to paint prairie style roses with a soft and old and time worn feeling - somewhat different from the brighter primary colors that I usually paint.

Finding inspiration . . . .

Here . . . .

There . . . . "I will be glad and rejoice in you". Psalm 9:2



Everywhere . . . . .




The finished painting with a softer time worn look.

Art in the Garden"


Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate and cherish your visits, comments, e-mails and those who are following my blog. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special. I am going back on a little blog break to finish painting something new for my blog banner.


Have a lovely day. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...