Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Garden Inspirations

>



Welcome, I am so happy that you stopped by. We are having a cool day in Southern California with a touch of rain this morning. The perfect day to have a cup of tea. Come join me and Bentley, my studio assistant, in the garden and we will look for inspiration for a new painting.





I poured a cup of hot tea just for you.




Looks like Bentley is ready to look for inspiration.



Finding Inspiration . . . . .


I picked up a bouquet of flowers at the Farmers Market this morning.



Here . . . . .



And picked the last of the Foxglove blooms





This year my Foxgloves did very well in the garden - I found a shady place to plant them and they loved the location.




The Foxglove blossoms are beautiful and look almost transparent. The plant is poison so I always plant them in the front yard where Bentley can not get into them when he is looking for inspiration.





There . . . . .




I love putting garden hats and garden tools in my paintings.



Everywhere . . . . .



Now that we found our inspiration and I put together my composition, let's take a look at the finished painting.















Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate that you have taken time to follow my blog and leave me a comment. If you would like to see me paint something special or have any questions, please leave me a comment or send me an e-mail.

Have a lovely week. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...