Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Cottage Christmas Part II

> Welcome. I am so glad that you stopped by. It is hard to believe that Christmas is less than a week away. Would you like to take a little break and join me for a cup of hot tea and relax for a few minutes? We will look for inspiration to paint one more Welcome sign for my niece. She is the Director of Child Development at a Lutheran School and I have been painting Christmas Welcome signs for her to hang on the doors of the Children's school rooms. I have a snowman sign in mind in a winter garden setting with birdhouses.

Finding Inspiration








Here . . . .




There . . . .






Looks like Bentley, my Studio Assistant, has found some inspiration.






Everywhere . . . . .











Here is the finished sign with birdhouses and Snow Men/Ladies.



Now that we finished the little sign, let's grab a jacket and take a little stroll around the neighborhood to look at some adorable cottages before we walk around Balboa Island and enjoy some of the charming cottages and Christmas decorations.


























Now we are off to Balboa Island, a charming island located on the beautiful Newport Bay. There is a sidewalk around the Island and it is such a delightful place to walk and "look-see" at the cottages.






Bentley loves walking around the Island - there are lots of dogs for him to visit.































Bentley and the adorable Scottie really hit it off.








He was sad to see Bentley leave.




I love this weathered blue cottage and hand painted Santa.









Parking on the Island is very tight and lots of the Islander's own cute little vehicles that are easy to park.








































This is one of my favorite cottages (a rather big cottage). The house is on the water and the owners have a rotating display on the roof that lights up at night. They change the theme every season.









Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed your walking tour of our neighborhood and the Island. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate your visit, comments and those of you who follow my blog. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special.





I will be taking a blog break to spend time with my loved ones and will return after the New Year. We will have tea and paint together, visit charming shops and gardens and I will share photos of my cottage home and garden.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family Peace and Joy during this very special season as we celebrate the birth of Jesus.



Holiday Blessings and Warms Wishes for a Joyous and Wonderful New Year, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...