Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ----- Ernest Hemingway

Blue and Yellow Inspirations

> Welcome. I am so happy that you stopped by. My garden gate is always open for you to come in and sit and relax with a cup of tea while I share with you the inspirations behind my art. We are having more beautiful warm weather in California this weekend - the sky is blue and I have some beautiful Sunflowers I got from Trader Joe's for $3.98 a bunch. Let's go into the garden to what Bentley, my Studio Assistant, has found for us.









Every year I like to re purpose various rooms using items I already have - keeping in mind my favorite quote about re purposing . . . . "it's not what you don't have, but what you do with what you do have". This year I want to paint a small painting to go in my guest bedroom with a seaside . . cottage garden feeling and use the blue and white bedding from another bedroom to give the room a new look. Let's go see what we can find . . . .




Finding inspiration . . . . .



Here . . . .



There . . . .



Everywhere . . . . .




I want the painting to be in harmony with the same feeling as the large painting over the bed.




With a seaside cottage garden feel . . . .



And with a piece of my "signature" blue and white china.



















The completed painting with Sunflowers, red Roses, lavender plant and pot of Primroses from my garden, a garden book and a cup of tea.




"But let all who take refuge in you rejoice:let them sing for joy." Psalm 5:11



Thank you for stopping by. I love hearing from you and sincerely appreciate your visits, comments and those of you who are following my blog. Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to see me paint something special. I have requests for more Pansies and a Spring Garden Sign with a rabbit.

Have a lovely week. Blessings, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...